LV 146 FAQ
1. Q. Who is this course for?It is for students who plan to take the TOEFL iBT, which - as far as I know - is the only possibility here in Berlin. It is not intended for people "generally" interested in improving their English, although if you do all the work, you will almost certainly achieve that.
2. Q. What level of English is expected?
It is expected that you can understand, read, speak, and write English well; this is NOT a course for beginners.
3. Q. How much do I have to know about computers and the Internet?
You have to have an email account somewhere, and know the basics of how to use it. Some
experience using a www browser (like Firefox© or Microsoft Internet
Explorer©) is also desirable because this is an English class, NOT a class in how to
use a computer or the Internet. Of course, assistance will always be available.
4. Q. Can I ask more questions?
5. Q. Is this class recognized as a Wahlfach / Ergänzungsfach?
You can get a Schein from the ZEMS with or without a grade. You can also do a Prüfung. You have to inquire about the details from your Prüfungsamt. The general rules are here.
I'm looking forward to working with you.
Now please read the Course Overview
Last updated: 18 October 2011